54 watchers
Par by the end of today is 378.1
27 Apr
12:35pm, 27 Apr 2024
6,850 posts
  •  
steve45
What's the shoe deposit box for hs?

Five easy miles.....?! I'm looking forward to something like that at some point Dave_K! Well done on getting back into it after your big run .
It was unpleasantly cold here again this morning, a north east wind and damp. 3.5 miles would have been nice in sunshine but we still wait for a good spell of that.
27 Apr
12:52pm, 27 Apr 2024
15,006 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for your 5 easy miles Dave.

Perhaps shoe deposit box wasn't a very good description Steve. It's one of those bins like those where you take good quality clothes which go to charity. It's the same with shoes.

Well done for this mornings 3.5 miles.

I walked briskly to and from the supermarket this morning to buy a couple of newspapers. My Covid booster is later this afternoon, and I'm driving part of the way, and walking the rest, which is about 1k.
27 Apr
4:17pm, 27 Apr 2024
22,193 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Brief signal so updating to say I survived despite Wadi Run trying to kill me twice!

Some of you have seen my training upload, I am chuffed at myself that I managed 2 full marathons many didn’t (some stopped part way some got a boost to a later part of the trail) I expected hot but it was over 10deg hotter than normal (41 Thursday 38 Friday)

I’m actually in good shape NO BLISTERS and no aches or pains. Despite not liking the sand by the end maybe my legs did. Blog will follow when I’m home.
27 Apr
4:34pm, 27 Apr 2024
22,194 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sorry I haven’t managed a catch up and comment again I’ll catch up next week.
27 Apr
4:44pm, 27 Apr 2024
6,852 posts
  •  
steve45
Sand? Sounds like it was real grit put into that gg! Well done in such heat too.
I thought maybe it was somewhere where you could donate old trainers to be re soled and re used by those less fortunate hs. I'm sure you'll feel ok following the COVID jab but presumably you'll take a day off running.
28 Apr
3:01pm, 28 Apr 2024
15,014 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done GG, very impressive running. Good to hear that you have very few after effects.

I was going to run this morning Steve, but my arm was aching, so I thought better of it. Instead, I did a brisk walk to and from the supermarket to buy a paper. It was 0.8 miles with average hr 89, max 109. I intend running tomorrow morning, and have an appointment with the Hygienist in the afternoon.
28 Apr
3:04pm, 28 Apr 2024
204 posts
  •  
falcarius
Fastest parkrun for 4 years + my #200 parkrun volunteer occasion + 30 miles ran this week = successful week 😁
28 Apr
3:38pm, 28 Apr 2024
1,026 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Well done All.
Some impressive running going on 😀
28 Apr
4:12pm, 28 Apr 2024
6,853 posts
  •  
steve45
Excellent volunteer input falcarious and nice pace there for the run. You're in your best decade for pace so hope you continue well .
Typical arm ache hs so wise to have made today a walk day .
Sunday is supposed to be my non "outing" day but I did 2.2 miles to make it an even 25 mile week and I didn't fancy my weights etc today.
29 Apr
1:10am, 29 Apr 2024
4,134 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Sorry with the time difference in NZ and being busy it’s hard to keep in touch but have read back. Well done everyone. I’m slipping down the table but just ahead of the line.

Well done GG for that adventure.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000